Friday, September 24, 2010

9/24 Prada


Finally! Color on the runway! Orange! Pink! Green! Yellow! Hooray! Again, THANK YOU Prada!
I'm usually all for black and grey; that's essentially all there is in my closet (with the exception of the occasional dark blue, of course), but am I the only one who's been slightly bored with all the shows so far? I'm not saying I didn't like them. I loved Acne, Ohne Titel, Alexander Wang, and Reed Krakoff to name a few, but nothing has really popped for me. But of course Prada popped. It almost sounds stale and cliche the say that Prada's collection was "new, fresh, and bold!" because that's what everyone says every season. But that is exactly what it was! Again! For the last two weeks I've been desperately looking for bright colors and new sillhouettes. And Prada collection was exactly that.
I loved the prints (monkeys and baroque!? ok!), the sunglasses that made the models look like robot monkeys, the fuzzy neon things, the stripes, the everything! Oh and did I mention the colors.

PS. Prada hospital scrubs? Definitely good news for us premed students.
[photos via style.com]

1 comment:

  1. i don't like ss 11,my favourite are:lanvin,ackermann,zac posen. but prada is best italian designer.

    HTTP://FASHIONUANCE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete